Monday, June 11, 2012

VBS at Abbotts Creek

Nothing gives me more joy than being able to see children, teens, and adults having a great time worshiping the Lord. This evening I got the opportunity to go home and take pictures at Vacation Bible School. Of course we have music, crafts, games, a little bit of friendly competition, some bible study, but most of all a lot of fun just being together and worshiping our Lord. Tonight was the second night of VBS and the story for tonight was about Daniel in the lions den. Some may know this story by heart and some may night. Unfortunately I didn't get to listen to any of the studies but I know this story pretty well. One of my favorite parts of the evening was when I was sitting in the choir room with some of the younger kids and they were just talking about how those lions must have been hungry and yet they didn't touch him all because God closed their mouths. What would you do if you were in a lions den? Would you scream and run, would you just sit and wait for the lion to eat you, or if you were like my mother; would you try and pet it because it was just one big kitty? I have a passion for photography, but my main passion in life is being able to worship the Lord with music. Unfortunately because I'm in school this summer, I was not able to help lead the music like I have the last several years in a row but at least I do get to take part in something special. One of the things that I will never forget is being able to go up and help lead one of the songs that we have every single year. I was lucky enough to be standing and singing beside one of my best friends and getting the opportunity to lead along side of her to the children in our church which makes it all the more special. I'm hoping that one day I can be just as courageous as Daniel and face a challenge just like he did and not be afraid because I know that God is always with me. Before I end this blog post, I wanted to share the scripture for this years VBS. "Great is our Lord, and of great power; his understanding is infinite." Psalm 147:5. I know this isn't your typical blog post but this is what I wanted to share with you guys this week. I hope you enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. David, What a great story. Daniel in the Lion's Den is one of my favorites too!I love the beautiful stained glass window!

    ReplyDelete